Adjustable dumbbells are one of the most convenient pieces of exercise equipment ever made. Putting multiple weights available all in just one dumbbell without the need to buy multiple dumbbells.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the eight best adjustable dumbbells you can buy online right now! Below are complete reviews on each product we chose, FAQs, and what you need to know about adjustable dumbbells.
Ovelsyn Adjustable Dumbbell (Best Adjustable Dumbbell)
- 【Multifunctional Dumbbells】Only one set of dumbbells can meet the training intensity of 12…
- 【1 Second Weight Adjustment 】 Turn the handle with one hand to adjust the weight of the…
- 【Small size】Space saving, convenient for exercise in any corner & place.Single dumbbell size:…
- 【Silicon steel material and non-slip grip】: The high-quality Silicon steel handle ensures its…
- Materials: Silicone/Steel
- 12 Adjustable Weights
- 3 lbs to 40lbs
- Dumbbell Size: 14.2″L x7.5″W x 6.3″H
- 1 Second Weight Adjustment
- Perfect Amazon Rating
- Quick Adjustment
- 12 Weights
We’re starting off our adjustable dumbbells review with what we think is the current best available on Amazon. In our opinion, the Ovelsyn Adjustable Dumbbell may be the best one currently on the website.
When engineers were developing modern-day adjustable dumbbells, this is exactly the style they had in mind. A piece of equipment that is well-made with multiple weight options that don’t take up a lot of space.
It’s got a great look and is made of high-quality steel with silicone handles that will ensure comfort while exercising. But the best thing about this adjustable dumbbell is the locking system.
With just a turn of the wrist, you can set it to one of twelve adjustable weight settings. This product currently has a perfect Amazon rating, and it is well deserved. The only negative we could find is that it doesn’t come with two dumbbells.
Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbell
- Durable molding around metal plates provides for a smooth lift off and quieter workouts
- Product dimensions – 15.8″ L x 9.3″ W x 8.6″ H | Weight – 5 to 60 lbs. | Weight settings – 16
- Use the Bowflex SelectTech App to journal your strength training
- Integrated Bluetooth connectivity syncs and records sets, reps and weight
- Please note – It is not recommended to drop the dumbbell after use as this may damage the…
- Material: Metal and Rubber Molding
- 16 Weight Settings
- 5 lbs to 60 lbs
- Integrated Bluetooth
- State of the Art
- Multiple Weight Settings
- Bluetooth Integration
- Compact Design
- Not Cheap
- Possible Handle Issues
Bowflex was one of the first companies to develop adjustable dumbbells that could change weights with the handle. Since their first model, they’ve improved upon the flaws and developed the Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbell.
They made their patented adjustable dumbbell with high-quality metal and covered it with rubber molding. Ensuring the dumbbell won’t slip out of your hand when working out.
One thing this dumbbell has over all the other products on our list is the advantage of being Bluetooth-integrated. You can connect your handles to the Bowflex app, access numerous workouts, and record your workouts.
The big problem with this dumbbell is that it’s from Bowflex, which means it’s not cheap. You may need to consider a cheaper option if your pockets aren’t that deep for buying workout equipment.
There have also been reported issues with the handle, which may be a flaw of a small batch.
MTN Gearsmith Adjustable Black Paint Cast Iron Dumbbell Kit
- Made of high quality cast iron
- Easy to set up and no tools required
- Select and adjust weights according to your workout sessions
- Can be set up in increments of 2.5 or 1.25 lbs
- Available Size: 40, 50, 52.5, 60, 105, 200 Lbs
- Material: Cast Iron and Steel
- 2 Dumbbells
- 105 to 200 lb Sets
- Classic Style
- Won’t Break
- 2 Dumbells Included
- Heavy Weight Sets
- Locking Issues
The MTN Gearsmith Adjustable Black Paint Cast Iron Dumbbell Kit are classic style adjustable dumbbells that made our list. These are that old reliable style of dumbbells made of quality cast iron.
You probably couldn’t break these dumbbells if you tried. MTN gives you not one but two dumbbells available in 105 and 200-lb sets(47.6 to 90.71 kg).
These sets are for those that pump some heavy iron and want multiple weight options for their dumbbell workouts. The only problem with this product is that it isn’t as convenient as you think.
Weight sets over 100 lbs are cumbersome and take up a lot of space, even if they’re just plates. They won’t take up as much space as a complete dumbbell set, but maybe more than you have available
Merax Deluxe 55 Pounds Adjustable Dumbbell
- [Adjustable Dumbbell] With a unique built-in dial system, the weight can be adjusted from 15 to 55…
- [Effective Training] With a simple twist in one secondl, you can rapidly adjust weights and switch…
- [Strength Training Solution for Small Spaces] Merax 55lb adjustable dumbbell sets combine 5 sets of…
- [Maximized Safety] Manufactured with premium materials, this dumbbell set ensures a long-lasting…
- The 55lb adjustable dumbbell pair set is shipped in multiple packages, and may arrive at different…
- Material: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- 15 to 55 lbs
- 10 lb Increments
- Adjustable Style
- Safeguard Feature
- Small Footprint
- Fewer Weight Increments
The Merax Deluxe 55 Pounds Adjustable Dumbbell nearly beat out the Oveslyn dumbbell for the best product. It has that sleek modern design with multiple weight options available in a small space.
Leaving a small footprint and extra space to add other equipment to your home gym. Incredibly convenient if you don’t have a lot of space to work with.
Then, just like the Oveslyn, you can easily switch the Merax Deluxe weights in only a second. It also includes a safeguard feature, where the lock will stay in, and the plates won’t fall out.
The only thing that kept the Merax Deluxe from being a top pick is they’re fewer weight options. You’re only getting ten weight increments compared to the twelve the Oveslyn gives you.
NordicTrack Select Weight Dumbbell
- Trainer-Led Strength Workouts: Download the iFit app to start your free trial; Discover thousands of…
- Replace 30 Dumbbells; With 15 weight increments per dumbbell, this compact adjustable dumbbell set…
- Smooth Weight Selection System; Easily choose the weight value you want to train with; Move up in…
- Fitted Storage Trays Included; Store your adjustable dumbbells in custom-molded storage trays when…
- Durable Construction; These adjustable dumbbells are crafted from a combination of steel and…
- Material: Steel/Plastic
- 2 Dumbbells(25 and 55 lbs)
- Fitness App Included
- Amazon’s Choice Product
- Fitted Storage
- 15 Weight Increments
- Possible Durability Issues
NordicTrack is known for making some of the best workout equipment in the world. They make one of the most high-tech adjustable dumbbells with the NordicTrack Select Weight Dumbbell.
You get two dumbbells at weights going up to 25 lbs and 55 lbs(11.3 and 24.94 kg) in fifteen-weight increments. Both dumbbells come with fitted storage holders to save you a lot of space.
NordicTrack even includes access to a fitness app with your purchase. You can use the link to start your free trial and access thousands of workouts.
With all of these included, it is clear why these dumbbells were chosen as an Amazon Choice Product. Our only big issue with these dumbbells is that they’re partly made of plastic.
Any weightlifting equipment with plastic included in the design may face durability issues.
Wolfyok Fitness Dumbbells Set
- 【Adjustable Weight】- With dumbbells available in smaller size,totally up to 44 lbs, you’re free…
- 【Multi-purpose Design】- Not limited to different dumbbells combination, the fitness equipment…
- 【Easy to Use】-Octagon shaped dumbbell plates are designed to prevent rolling and provide easier…
- 【Widely Used】-Our weight fitness set works great while walking, running and cardio exercises to…
- 【Package List】-4x 1.25KG(11 Lbs) counterweigt, 4x 1.5KG(13.2 Lbs) counterweight, 4x 2.0KG(17.6…
- Material: Polyethylene/ Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
- Dumbbells with Connecting Barbell Feature
- Non-Slip Rubber Coating
- Adjustable Style
- Dumbbell and Barbell
- Odd Design
- Locking Issues
The Wolfyok Fitness Dumbbells Set is a two-in-one adjustable weight set. It is both dumbbells and also a barbell, which is created by connecting the two dumbbells together.
Wolfyok Fitness made their adjustable dumbbells with polyethylene and ethylene vinyl acetate. They chose these materials to give the bars a non-slip coating that won’t fall out of your hands.
It’s a unique design, but it may not have been as well conceived as the designers hoped. The design they went for makes these dumbbells look like a plastic kids’ toy.
These dumbbells are also not the most convenient, as it takes longer to change the weights than the other dumbbells.
DDFE Adjustable Dumbbell
- BUILD YOUR BODYSHAPE.To build your strength and muscle mass effectively with DDFE 40.4 Pounds…
- ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS SET. The DDFE Dumbbell set is a 2- in -1 weights set, can be used as a dumbbell…
- HUMANIZATION DESIGN. Rubber Covered handle, elegant appearance for unisex users.Weight plates…
- SAFTY PROTECTION. Padding for squatting ideal for men & women looking to protect the neck and…
- PACKAGE AND GURANTEE. Package including four 4lb. four 2.8lb. four 3.3lb.Weights, 2 Dumbbell Bars,1…
- Material: Iron
- 40.4 lbs
- Classic Adjustable Style
- Dumbbells and Barbell
- Made of Iron
- 2 in 1 Dumbbells and Barbell
- Non-Slip Coating
- Bit Expensive
- Assembly Not Very Convenient
Next is the DDFE Adjustable Dumbbell, a blend of classic adjustable dumbbells and modern connecting bars. This bar comes with 40lbs(18.14 kg) that you can add or remove with a classic locking system.
On top of being dumbbells, you can also connect the dumbbells together to make a barbell. Give you even more exercises available along with the normal dumbbell exercises.
From what everyone has said about these dumbbells is that it’s a good, but not great, piece of exercise equipment. The design looks a bit off and a little expensive, but it will get the job done.
ER Kang 4 in-1 Adjustable Dumbbell Barbell Kettlebell Set
- DUMBBELL TO BARBELL TO ABS WHEEL : This Dumbbells set can be connected by a connecting rod and…
- DOUBLE LOCKING NUTS : Special double-locking nut design, there is a corresponding slot between the…
- HIGH QUALITY : The dumbbell bar which covered with a rubber coating ensures a comfortable and…
- SUITABLE FOR HOME GYM : For people who cannot go out or want to exercise at home, this dumbbell set…
- Material: N/A
- 4-in-1 Weight Set
- 44 to 88 lbs
- Multiple Bar Options
- No Nut Locks Included
- Multiple Exercise Options
- Questionable Material
- Cheap Look
The last adjustable dumbbell on our list is the ER Kang 4 in-1 Adjustable Dumbbell Barbell Kettlebell Set. This product, by far, gives you the most accessories of any other on our list.
Not only are there two adjustable dumbbells, but you can also turn it into a barbell, curl bar, and kettlebell. Four different bars for the price of one that is all connected with no nut locks.
Er Kang attempted to give you numerous pieces of weight training equipment. It was a great idea, but we’re not sure if the finished product was what they wanted.
The big problem we had with these adjustable dumbbells is that they look cheap, and their materials weren’t mentioned. You get a lot of options at an affordable price, but it isn’t the best quality.
What You Need to Know About Adjustable Dumbbells
Before deciding on purchasing adjustable dumbbells, there are things you must know about this piece of exercise equipment. Here are the four things you need to know about adjustable dumbbells before purchasing them.
Speed and Ease of Adjustment
The first adjustable dumbbells were made with the classic locking system used with all barbells. After putting your desired weight on the bar, you lock them in place with a key.
Today, the speed and ease of adjusting dumbbells have become more convenient. Now, the most modern adjustable dumbbells have built-in locking systems. You can choose your desired weight with the turn of the wrist.
This advancement in fitness technology is the biggest reason why adjustable dumbbells have become so popular.
Adjustable dumbbells come in a wide variety of different weight ranges. Depending on the company, these dumbbells can come from 20 lbs to 200 lbs(9 to 90.71 kg).
This wide weight range is why adjustable dumbbells have become incredibly popular to equip in home gyms. All of this weight can be put on dumbbell bars and take up a fraction of the space.
When looking into buying adjustable dumbbells, the ergonomics of the product may be the most important aspect to look for. A great ergonomic design separates the best adjustable dumbbells from mediocre ones.
When an adjustable dumbbell’s ergonomics are good, you can work out in better comfort. Adjustable dumbbells with good ergonomics make doing dumbbell exercises easier and more efficient.
The movements are more fluid and lessen the risk of injury.
Adjustable dumbbells have evolved since being introduced in the early twentieth century. In the beginning, they were made of cast iron and steel.
You could buy various small weighted plates to add to the bars and lock on with metal locks. As time went on, the designs began to evolve and become more convenient.
Now, adjustable dumbbells are made of anything from silicone, polycarbonate, and standard metal.
What weight should I start with?
If you’re a beginner at weight training, you should always start at a low weight and work your way up. After buying your adjustable dumbbells, start at low weights you can lift and add on weight as you get stronger.
Never try to lift heavy weights when you’re not conditioned, or you will injure yourself.
Are adjustable dumbbells worth it?
Yes! Adjustable dumbbells are one of the most convenient pieces of exercise equipment that you can buy.
In the past, you would have to buy entire dumbbell sets to do different exercises at different weights. Buying these weight sets is costly and takes up a lot of space.
Adjustable dumbbells allow you to do multiple dumbbell exercises at different weights. All while conveniently being on one bar that conveniently takes up a small amount of space.
But not only do adjustable dumbbells take up less space, but they are also more cost-effective. Most adjustable dumbbell sets are marked at a far cheaper price than standard dumbbell sets.
Which adjustable dumbbells are the best?
The adjustable dumbbells that are the best share many of the same qualities. They are durable, easy to hold and modify, don’t take up much space, and won’t slip out of your hand.
You must consider the price, but honestly, if you want the best, you have to pay for the best.
What companies make the best adjustable dumbbells?
There are now numerous companies that make adjustable dumbbells. In our opinion, the companies that make the best adjustable dumbbells are the ones mentioned on our list.
Companies like Bowflex, NordicTrack, Merax, or Oveslyn make the best adjustable dumbbells.
What type of adjustable dumbbells should I choose?
Always keep two things in mind when choosing the best adjustable dumbbell for you. The price range you can afford to pay and the weight range you can lift.
You, of course, have to be mindful of what you can afford to buy and what you can lift. It does you no good to buy adjustable dumbbells that include weight settings that you can’t lift.
Best Sellers on Amazon Arranged by Rating
In our opinion, these eight adjustable dumbbells are the best you can get online. They are well crafted, durable, a great entry to any home gym, and won’t take up much space.
Check out the links of each product above and choose which adjustable dumbbells best meet your needs.