As a BJJ practitioner, you must own a kimono or look for a good one. Finding the perfect BJJ competition Gi can be quite challenging, especially if you are going to use it for tournaments. Hence, this means that you will have to choose a kimono which follows the rules of the IBJJF. The last thing anyone wants to happen is to be disqualified from a tournament. In order to make sure you have a Gi within the IBJJF Regulations, you should consider the size, color, material, condition, and patches on the kimono.
7 Best BJJ Competition Gi
To make your pursuit of a new and suitable kimono easier, we picked some of the best BJJ competition Gis.
This is one of the best and only brand name Gi at this price point. It is made of a lightweight fabric which is perfect for summer training. Moreover, it is
- Made of antimicrobial and anti-odor treatment which prevents the spread of bacteria;
- Doesn’t shrink, but you should check the size chart as it runs bigger than most brands;
- Comes with stiffer rubberized collar, updated design and size chart, and compact-stitch embroidery;
- Has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess material;
It is available on Amazon and you can choose from the different sizes and colors.
This is an award-winning, best-selling and most trusted BJJ Gi. It is midweight with stiff, thick collar, multi-layered reinforcement across all stress points, and it is 100% IBJJF certified.
Its quality is outstanding, the material is thick enough and the belt is very sturdy. The only downside is that it shrinks a lot. You can find it on Amazon and choose from the different sizes and black, white, blue or pink color.
This is an excellent summer-weight Gi. It comes in
- Pre-shrunk fabric, so you can forget about your BJJ GI shrinking after the first wash;
- It is an IBJJF approved kimono;
- It has a free white belt;
- Reduces the risk of infections due to the lightweight material;
- Reduces discomfort of overheating;
This Brazilian Jiu Jitsu kimono has a very stylish design and is available in all traditional colors: black, royal blue, navy blue, white, and gray.
This high-quality BJJ Gi comes with excellent embroidery, 350 GSM weave jacket and ripstop pants. It’s light gold weave material provides extreme comfort. This Gi is durable yet offers a high-performance feel.
The only downside is that it shrinks. It is available on Amazon in 3 sizes, A0, A1, and A2.5. You can choose from several colors.
- Medium-weight 450gsm weave
- 10OZ RIPSTOP PANTS – Ultra light and more breathable than traditional cotton Gi pants: ripstop is the future
- 10 sizes to fit any body type;
This outstanding kimono is available in black, blue, and white color and comes in different sizes.
- No rip stop fabric;
- Pre-shrunk cotton;
- Pearl weave fabric which provides more durability;
- Completely blank without logos;
- Rubberized collar for better wearing and hygiene;
Although it is pre-shrunk, this uniform can still be shrunk by cold wash and drying it on high once or twice if necessary. However, there is a notable difference from the picture. So, the uniform is textured, the belt is white with a black label sewn into each end and the pants have a black logo patch. It is available on Amazon in different colors and in A2, A3, and A4 size.
As a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner, you must have a high quality Gi before stepping onto the mat. No matter how exciting it seems to buy a Gi, it can also be very challenging. Hence, you are shown 7 best kimonos out of the countless number of options and variations. Regardless which one of these you choose, you will not make a mistake. If you liked this article, you might enjoy reading 8 Best Grappling Shorts.