We all know that jiu jitsu is practiced in a gi. On the other hand, the popularity of “no-gi” jiu jitsu has increased the use of rash guards. There is also a lot of benefits having a rash under the gi. In the following article we are showing the benefits of wearing rash guard under the gi and the best BJJ rash guards we found online.
- Protect Against Mat Burn – The BJJ mat can cause friction scars on your skin. Therefore, wearing a rash guard will protect your skin and reduce the friction because it is much smoother than your skin.
- Prevent Injuries – Wearing rash guards compress the muscles which can be very helpful when it comes to preventing some minor acute injuries.
- Minimizes Bacteria Spread – During rolling, the gi can open and leave your skin exposed to bacteria. However, when wearing a rash guard, your skin is protected from skin-to-skin contact and thus, from bacteria and germs.
- Controls Moisture – Due to their material (a polyester and spandex blended fabric), they control moisture. As a result, your hands remain dry and you can have better grips.After learning about the pros of wearing a rash, you should know that they come in all sorts of styles and designs. Therefore, we decided to present you the best rash guards for 2017 which can be easily found at Amazon.
The Best BJJ Rash guards you can buy online
This rash guard is optimized for the highest level of athletic performance in BJJ, MMA, catch wrestling, no-gi, and submission grappling. It is made from lightweight, ultra-strong, moisture-wicking, compression material.
The Anthem Athletics MIDNIGHT Competition Rash comes with a multi-panel construction, high-density flat-lock stitching for optimal fit and durability. Moreover, it contains fully-sublimated graphics and logos that will never crack or peel.
- Suitable for jiu-jitsu, grappling, no gi, MMA, and any kind of athletic training
- 80% polyester, 20% spandex
- Impeccable construction
- Hand drawn artwork
This is the most innovative compression garment in the combat world. It is designed from exclusive, cutting-edge fabric technologies which provide comfort and flexibility. Moreover, it has an anti-odor performance and it exceeds in durability.
The Hayabusa Marvel Long Sleeve BJJ Rash Guard will protect you from cuts, scrapes, and rashes. Moreover, it keeps your body dry and warms your muscles.
This rash guard is made from 91% Nylon and 9% Elastane. It can be machine washed. It is a long-sleeve rash guard with raglan seaming. It features contrasting screenprints at front chest, lower right sleeve, and back yoke.
This is a great women’s rash guard for training, swimming, surfing, and CrossFit. It is made from a WikPro polyester and spandex fabric with 4-way stretch. It has a silicone lockdown no-ride up band at hem.
Moreover, it contains permanently sublimated graphics which are finished in durable 4/6 flat lock stitching.
Ellite Sport Rash guard is a multipurpose compressed shirt which means that can be used for a wide range of sports, such as MMA, BJJ, No-Gi, Boxing, Kickboxing and Cross Training. It’s made of a high-quality blend of polyester and spandex and it has anti-slip bands at the waist and sleeves. The provides antimicrobial and antifungal treatment and features a fully sublimated graphics.
This rash guards will improve your performance and speed up your recovery time. Moreover, it is IBJJF and EBI approved and it is durable and comfortable.Buy Now on elitesports.com
If you decide to wear a rash guard and enjoy a better grappling training, these 8 rash guards are the best ones you can find. Choosing any of the above-mentioned products will provide various benefits which will make your training more enjoyable. Which one you will choose depends on your taste and preference.
We bet you enjoyed this article, take a look at this 8 of the Best Mouth Guards for BJJ and Grappling.